A couple and their three children lost their home in a fire Monday morning.
Fortunately, Brian Cumbie, his girlfriend, Sam Miller, and their kids, ages 13, 10, and 7, were at work and school when the blaze broke out at their Silas Green Street residence around 11 a.m.
Firefighters from Blountstown, West Side, and Nettle Ridge volunteer fire departments responded, but the mobile home was a total loss.
Bill Skinner resides next door and noticed the smoke. The blaze eventually spread to the exterior of his home, melting some of the siding. It also damaged a boat, four wheeler and car that belonged to Cumbie.
According to Skinner, the home is owned by Eddie Dalton, Sr. He said the Fire Marshal determined an electrical problem was to blame for the blaze.
This family of five lost all their possessions and Lisa Creamer of Blountstown is collecting items for the family. Their sizes are as follows:
• The 13 year old daughter wears a women’s size 12 pants, XL shirt, and size 8 shoe
• The seven-year-old boy wears size 4/6 clothes and size 1 shoe
• The 10-year-old boy wears size 10/12 pants with a medium shirt
• Sam wears women’s size 20 pants, XL shirt, and size 9 shoe
• Brian wears men’s size 42/44 jeans, 3X shirt, and size 12 shoes
Any household items will also be appreciated. To contact Creamer and donate clothing or other items, call her at 557-4815.