A Clarksville couple lost their home and most all possessions after a blaze erupted Saturday night.
Max and Julie Griffin were next door at the home of her parents, D.J. and Vivian Holley, when the fire broke out.
Max tells The County Record they had just given his in-laws a tour of recent remodeling work on the home when they headed over to the Holleys’ house for dinner. A short time later, Julie’s brother noticed flames and thought it might be some trash burning in the backyard, but decided to check it out just to be sure. Upon closer inspection, he spotted flames coming from the roof of his sister and her husband’s home.
Firefighters from Carr-Clarksville and Mossy Pond were quickly on the scene, but it was a total loss. The blaze is believed to have started in the kitchen area.
Max says words cannot express how grateful he and his wife are to their friends and neighbors who have come forward to offer support since the fire. They have insurance and plan to rebuild on the property.