In an effort to cut down on election expenses, Calhoun County Commissioners recently voted to consolidate several local precincts. Here’s the lowdown on changes:
- Precinct 1 at the Blountstown Library, Precinct 2 at Nettle Ridge VFD and Precinct 3 at Henderson Mill have been merged. Voters in these districts will now cast their ballots at the W.T. Neal Civic Center.
- Precinct 4 at Altha Community Center remains the same, as does Precinct 5 at Shelton Park Library and Precinct 6 at Carr-Clarksville VFD.
- Precinct 7 at Red Oak VFD will now join Precinct 8 at Westside VFD where voting will take place.
- Precincts 11-A and 11-B at the Scotts Ferry VFD will now be voting at the Kinard Public Library with voters in the old Precinct 10.
- Precinct 12 at the Scout House and Precinct 13 at the Extension Office will combine and vote at the W.T. Neal Civic Center.
By cutting the number of precinct sites in half from 12 to 6 locations, voters can expect taxpayer savings and faster results on election nights.