The Blountstown Fire Department quickly extinguished what could have turned into a very damaging blaze in the early morning hours Saturday.
According to Fire Chief Ben Hall, the call came in shortly after midnight and firefighters responded to Apartment 403. “There was smoke throughout the apartment and the occupant said the fire was in the bathroom,” Chief Hall reports. “We found the fire to be mostly localized to the exhaust fan in the bathroom with some extension into the ceiling area.
Our firefighters did an awesome job of containing the fire to the immediate area and there was only damage to the fan, ceiling and a portion of the bathroom.”
Pictured above is the fan where the fire is believed to have started.