BY KELLI PEACOCK DUNN
A Calhoun County man was electrocuted Wednesday while working on a concrete job in Marianna.
Kenny Wayne Klotz, 45, of Blountstown, a local brick mason, was reportedly doing concrete work at a home near the intersection of Kelson Avenue and Jefferson Street. Sources say he and co-worker, Danny Ray Hough, were pouring a concrete slab, then smoothing it with a bull float, when the tool came in contact with an electric field. Klotz was thrown to the ground unconscious, but was talking before emergency medical workers arrived.
"It just so happened the lady in the house was a nurse," says Missy Hough, Danny Ray's wife, adding the woman assisted until an ambulance was on the scene.
Klotz was taken to Jackson Hospital, then transferred to a burn center in Augusta, Georgia. He is reportedly being treated for burns to his feet, hands, shoulder and shin.
The County Record will post details on how local residents can assist Klotz and his family during this time.