A blaze destroyed a family’s home on SR 12 South in Bristol Friday evening.
Jim and Celeste Shuler, along with their children, were not home at the time the fire broke out. According to Bristol Fire Chief Dale Hobby, the family had left about an hour earlier. The fire started just before dark.
All signs point to a faulty cruise control speed sensor on a Ford truck in the family’s garage that may have shorted out, igniting the blaze. Chief Hobby says the Fire Marshal’s office is investigating.
Both Bristol and Hosford Volunteer Fire Departments responded to the fire.